Saturday, November 10th
9:00 AM - Workout @ Weston
27 min warm up
1 Mile @ 1st mile of 10K race pace (~4:50), 3min rest
4 x 3min, 2min rest
4 x 2min, 1.5min rest
4 x 1min, 1min rest
16 min cool down
Total = 15 Miles, 92 min
I had to do the workout on my own today since the team was practicing later at Franklin Park whish I couldn't do because of work, so I went to the usual spot at Weston HS to get the job done. It was pretty cold out there this morning so I kept a few layers on throughout the workout. I really wasn't feeling motivated to start these intervals so I wanted to get it done as quick and painless as possible. I think it was just a combination of having a couple long days in a row, the cold weather, being out there by myself, and the fact that my legs were just tired. The workout wasn't bad, it just took a little more focus and mental toughness to get through it. I think I probably started off a little on the aggressive side as well, which probably didn't help. I knew the mile and the 3min intervals were the more substantial part of the workout so I wanted to make sure I wasn't easing off the pace or holding back too much. By the 2 min and 1 min intervals, my legs were definitely feeling more sluggish and both my quads and hamstrings were feeling fatigued. Anyway, I just tried to keep my form and get it done. It's hard to gauge my efforts/pace for the workout but I'm sure it was still pretty solid.
This will be my last higher mileage week (over 75) so as I start tapering, I think I'll feel some more life in the legs. I'm pretty exhausted right now so I'm probably gonna lay low tonight and get to bed early. I also want to give a shout out to Rupprecht, my west coast counterpart, who ran a huge PR (24:52) today at the SCA Championships. He has a lot of talent and has been working really hard this year so it's nice to finally see him get the results he deserves. Nice job buddy!
Quote of the day:
"Watching him run was watching a man fighting a battle within his heart. I was watching the American Dream, the historical struggle to make something of yourself, refusing to settle for ordinary, and having little time to do it. He would pass by, sweat flicking off his spiked out hair, and his eyes would haunt me because they were so deeply burrowed into something I couldn't see."
-Lauren Fleshman (speaking about close friend Ryan Shay)
No comments:
Post a Comment